Paulie(1998) DVD + Blu-Ray (etc) ADDED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Paulie(1998) DVD + Blu-Ray (etc) ADDED

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 28 Jun 2017 08:26

There is currently no comparison review of "Paulie(1998)" in any form (DVD, Blu-Ray etc). Would like a review of this title please if anyone has any information (if possible, as always with me heheheh :-D, possibly include a UK-DVD comparsion if you guys can find one).
Ewan_McMahon

Re: Paulie(1998) DVD + Blu-Ray (etc)

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 29 Jun 2017 06:50

For reviews it is almost always priority to do them from discs sent by the companies. There are some of us (myself included that has done reviews of personal collection discs,) but it is not a common thing due to time and priorities. I do not have this film on dvd or blu so I cannot review it anyway, but will search for specs.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 29 Jun 2017 09:15

James-Masaki_Ryan wrote:For reviews it is almost always priority to do them from discs sent by the companies.

Discs sent by the companies? o.O Erm, what's that about? :-?

Knowing myself, bet I missed some crucial bit of behind-the-scenes info about how this website works (I am still relatively new to posting on this site and don't understand how it works to be honest :(). So, what happens - do the DVD / Blu-Ray companies send disc details here to this site or something? I kind of assumed ALL the reviews on the site were done by people owning their own copies and uploading the information (over time) - or something... I think I'm just confusing myself again (I seem to do that a lot somehow :o ). I'm probably just misuderstanding what you said or something, oh well....

**UPDATE**

Oh wait, I wonder... Did you think I was originally asking for a review-type-review? (As in one of those very long complicated detailed 2000+word essay background details synopsis reviews?) Because I didn't actually mean one of those - I meant just that there isn't a DVD(or Blu-Ray/etc) comparison (just the data specs comparison) of Paulie(1998). Or maybe we're both talking about different things - eek, think I confused myself again! :wink:
Ewan_McMahon

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 30 Jun 2017 09:25

Ewan,
Yes I thought you meant "review" as in a 2000 word essay.
And yes, for almost all our reviews they are review discs sent to us by various companies. A small percentage is personal reviews of out own discs. These are not user submitted reviews but by our staff, myself included.

Sorry to keep you waiting on Paulie. Will try to get to it om Saturday, unless another staffer takes it on first.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 30 Jun 2017 10:32

James-Masaki_Ryan wrote:Ewan,
Yes I thought you meant "review" as in a 2000 word essay.
And yes, for almost all our reviews they are review discs sent to us by various companies. A small percentage is personal reviews of out own discs. These are not user submitted reviews but by our staff, myself included.

Sorry to keep you waiting on Paulie. Will try to get to it om Saturday, unless another staffer takes it on first.

That's OK, upload the new comparison in your own time - I understand it might take a while to get the data. Also I now (slightly better) understand how things work around here heheheheh. :-D

Yeah, the "reviews"(2000 word essays) can be useful to me sometimes, but generally all I am interested in the DVD specifications / features / extras etc data stuff (the main comparisons) - so usually I'll ask for these if I find any titles that aren't listed on the site atm (I know of a few more on my own personal list, I'll request them in the future :wink: ).
Ewan_McMahon

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 01 Jul 2017 01:22

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/f ... ?fid=42768

Checked and currently not on Blu-ray. Added the DVD editions.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests