Dragonheart DVD information UPDATED / Blu-ray ADDED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Dragonheart DVD information UPDATED / Blu-ray ADDED

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 23 Jun 2017 16:25

There is currently a comparison of "Dragonheart (1996)" DVD which includes various country releases. Each version says there are no censor-cuts, but according to http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/hitsdn.htm#dragonheart a couple of sound-effects have been tweaked to tone down the violence (IMDB similarly says the same thing but only about the UK-version). MELONFARMERS also says the uncut version is available in the US.

Can anyone confirm this data? (Particularly is the UK version sound-effect censored? :wink: ) The current comparisons might need updating for both DVD and BluRay of this title (there is no data about sound-effect censors on the Blu-Ray version either).
Ewan_McMahon

Re: Dragonheart DVD information

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 24 Jun 2017 18:12

Oops, my mistake, I originally said both the DVD + Blu-Ray reviews of this title might need data updating, but there actually isn't a Blu-Ray comparison yet of this title (only DVD + HD-DVD).

So that's two things you guys might want to look into + add:

(1) If anyone knows or could check about if there were any sound-effects tweaks made in any country release (UK included if possible) and include that info on the current reviews.
(2) Possibly make a new Blu-Ray review.
Ewan_McMahon

Postby Mark_Meakin » 26 Jun 2017 17:23

The same version seems to have been released on dvd throughout Europe & in Australia by Universal , so I assume this would mean they are all 'cut' or all 'uncut'.All of Europe & Australia ended up with the BBFC cut versions of Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story & Darkman for the original dvd releases.MGM also only released BBFC cut versions of The Long Riders, Rob Roy & Khartoum on R2/4 probably to save money preparing uncut & cut versions.You could always listen to the neck-breaks in Dragonheart on one of the European language tracks to compare :) .
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 27 Jun 2017 22:32

Most likely that the PAL releases are identical in audio, but since it is unconfirmed 10% (and also that the runtime on the Melon Farmers site is completely off), added it as a note in the overall. Also added the Blu-ray edition. Since there's no info about any audio differences on that anywhere, did not put the audio note. The HD-DVD release - we only have specs for the US one (although slightly incomplete with the extras runtimes. Cannot find full specs for the non-US releases for that format.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Dragonheart DVD information UPDATED / Blu-ray ADDED

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 28 Jun 2017 08:19

James-Masaki_Ryan wrote:Most likely that the PAL releases are identical in audio, but since it is unconfirmed 10% (and also that the runtime on the Melon Farmers site is completely off), added it as a note in the overall. Also added the Blu-ray edition. Since there's no info about any audio differences on that anywhere, did not put the audio note. The HD-DVD release - we only have specs for the US one (although slightly incomplete with the extras runtimes. Cannot find full specs for the non-US releases for that format.

OK, thanks for checking up on this title anyway. :)
Ewan_McMahon

Re: Dragonheart DVD information UPDATED / Blu-ray ADDED

Postby Mark_Meakin » 29 Jun 2017 15:33

I'm in regular contact with the BBFC for our site Worldwidedvdforums, where we have a huge database of film & video cuts requested from them.After I've received my latest cuts list I'll ask them about this one.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests