Troy (2004) Extended Cut - UK DVD ADDED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Troy (2004) Extended Cut - UK DVD ADDED

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 04 Nov 2017 15:49

Can I request another extended-cut comparison of something please: "Troy (2004) - Extended Cut / Director's Cut" UK DVD.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Troy-2-Disc-Sp ... words=troy

It's another title that atm only the UK DVD "Theatrical Cut" (and other country listings) currently listed, not the UK Extended.
Ewan_McMahon

Re: Troy (2004) Extended Cut - UK DVD

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 06 Nov 2017 15:48

Updated and added
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Troy (2004) Extended Cut - UK DVD ADDED

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 06 Nov 2017 17:29

James-Masaki_Ryan wrote:Updated and added

Oh great, another UK DVD movie split in half. I should have anticipated that - I just noticed all other countries listings Director's-Cut / Extended-Cut releases are DVD split too.

Anyway thanks James. I'll have to consider carefully about these long split movies what I'm going to do... :-?
Ewan_McMahon

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 07 Nov 2017 15:46

As we've said before, you could always upgrade to Blu and not worry about changing discs or just deal with having a short bathroom break in between.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 07 Nov 2017 17:22

James-Masaki_Ryan wrote:As we've said before, you could always upgrade to Blu and not worry about changing discs.

If I do swap to Blu-Ray, there is a slight problem I just noticed: only the Extended-Cut / Director's-Cut of Troy is available in the UK on Blu-ray, the Theatrical shorter version is not. And it's not just a matter of length / extra scenes - there are are actually quite a few significant differences throughout the movie (so I have learned) between the Theatrical and Director's-Cut (one notable moment is the soundtrack playing during the the duel between Hector and Achilles - it's very different in each version). True I guess I could get the Extended-Cut on Blu-Ray and have the Theatrical on DVD, or maybe the option to buy from other countries is also a possibility, but like I said I've got a lot to consider...

I'm never satisified! :-D

Oh just FYI - speaking of UK "Troy Blu-Ray" - it's not currently listed in the DVDCOMPARE database (I honestly didn't notice before).
Ewan_McMahon

Postby Mark_Meakin » 07 Nov 2017 17:57

I thought the extended cut was far superior.It's certainly far bloodier !. :-D
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 07 Nov 2017 18:08

Mark_Meakin wrote:I thought the extended cut was far superior.It's certainly far bloodier !. :-D

I like to have both versions if there are significant differences between a shorter and longer version of any movie. So any movies like Robocop and the original Alien movies for example which have shorter and longer versions both on the same Disk or at least in the same boxset, this for me is a big bonus!. As for being superior it depends on your point of view. The Extended-Cut certainly does have more scenes, more violence / bloodier etc :o , but personally I prefer the Theatrical soundtrack (which I don't think there is an option to play as an alternate in the Extended-Cut). Regardless, in the end I would like to have both versions of Troy - but I'll figure out what to do with it a later date. :wink:
Ewan_McMahon

Postby Mark_Meakin » 11 Nov 2017 10:33

I prefer the extended version of the underrated Alien 3 & Aliens explains in it's longer version how the troopers are able to hold off the aliens for longer with the use of the sentry guns.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests