Lionheart/A.W.O.L.

A selection of threads which are no longer active but which we feel are of significant value to keep.

Moderator: Forum Team

Lionheart/A.W.O.L.

Postby BrunnenMatt » 19 Sep 2006 02:16

Comparison between the R1 "Lionheart" DVD and the Australia "Wrong Bet" VHS tape (M-Rated).

R-Rated US Cut Lionheart
- Opening Logo "Universal Pictures". (0.38 )
- Different title sequences and main title.
- 14:28 Extended Scene: After Lyon threatens the captain on ship, he dives from the ship and we see an additional shot of him coming to the surface and start swimming to shore. (0.02)
- 21:32 Extended Scene: After Joshua eats at the diner; we see a night shot of a busy street before they go to the building where Lyon meets Cynthia for the first time. (0.06)
- 36:15 Alternate Line: At the Hospital, Lyon asks the doctor "Doc, My question is... Did they catch them?" Doctor "Yes, Mr Gaultier. I believe the police have them in custody", "If I were you, I'd be a little more concerned about his wife and his child". (0.13)
- 49:08 Extended Scene: Cynthia brings Lyon a blue shirt while he is getting changed, we see Cynthia run her hands down Lyon chest and she says "No… How about this? Any better?" Store assistant "Ermm Ermm… Every think o.k. in there?" Lyon "Every think is fine". (0.22)

International Cut: Released as "Wrong Bet" Australia (M-Rated VHS tape).
- Opening Logo "Palace Entertainment Corportation". (0.18 )
- Different title sequences and main title.
- 07:32 Extended Scene: Lyon makes a U turn in jeep, before Sgt .Hartog runs out of building. (0.03)
- 07:41 Extended Scene: After Lyon elbows Sgt .Hartog in the head he falls out of jeep and starts running after the jeep, we then see him jump back into the jeep. (0.09)
- 12:56 Extended Scene: When the captain is talking to Lyon about not leaving the ship, Lyon shows him his hands and says "I pay for the trip" Captain replies "I’m being generous Frenchie". (0.07)
- 13:26 New Scene: After Lyon dives of the ship, we see a shot of him coming out of the water and climbing on to the docks and disturbing a homeless man who stares at Lyon. (0.23)
- 33:48 Extended Scene: We see Lyon talking to a nurse and a doctor before he finds out about his brothers death. Lyon "He’s my brother, I want to see Francois now� Doctor “I understand, I need to see some identification", Lyon "I want to see my brother. What’s going on?" Doctor "Please come with me, please!". (0.10)
- 34:53 Alternate Line: At the Hospital, Lyon asks the doctor "Doc, My question is... Did they catch them?" Doctor "The guys who set him on fire, might have been rival drug dealers? They might have been customers that he sold some bad stuff to? They might have been kids playing a sick prank? We may never know, he was too delirious to tell the police much of any think", "If I were you, I'd be a little more concerned about his wife and his child". (0.24)
- 39:14 Extended Scene: While Lyon talks to Nicole in apartment staircase, the landlord ask Lyon "Do you live here" Lyon "I came to visit" Landlord "We’ll excuse me". (0.05)
- 52:16 Extended Scene: When Lyon tells Cynthia he wants to move out, she gets mad and screams at him and smashes her wine glass "Are you shall it isn’t because you have found some think a little softer, A little easier on the street today? Don’t answer, That’s my business! my business… I’m sick of this s**t, get out! Get the f*** out! And take that goddamn cripple with you! In the morning you call Russell and you tell him where you’re staying from now on, you deal with Russell and only with Russell our relationship is strictly business the way it should of been from the beginning you got that? And you owe me for these" Lyon "I call Russell in the morning, if you don’t forget to call your accountant" Cynthia "Hmm… I think about it" Lyon "Yeah, think about it" Cynthia then closes the door. (1.05)
- 69:15 Extended Scene: After Lyon sees the doctor we hear Cynthia talking to a male nurse "His name is Lyon, I know his here, I have to go and find him now, is he here? Can you tell me if he is in here, we’ll, we’ll who knows? Who knows where he is? Excuse me, I have to go" Nurse "I understand, I can try to find out, but you can not go in here, I can talk too the regular nurse, I can loose my... Please maim". Cynthia sees Lyon "I rushed over as soon as I heard what had happened. My God! Your staying here tonight aren’t you?" Lyon "When did you start to care?" Cynthia "Get of it Lyon, I know I said some things I probably shouldn’t have, but if I had known the truth about your situation. Why didn’t you tell me? I could have helped you with your family" Lyon "Do you want to help?" Cynthia "Yeah" Lyon "I need your help" Cynthia "What ever you want!". (0.47)

Cut Report: VHS film time: 103.10 mins (PAL).
- 01:38 The whole scene of Francois being set on fire by drug dealer is missing, and Francois being taken to surgery (11 secs).
- 02:26 Close-up shot of Francois burnt face in hospital when he screams "Lyon", just before it cuts to the foreign legion (2 secs) [Scream is heard over the desert landscape instead].
- 07:01 Legionnaire being stabbed through hand by knife, when Lyon escapes from the foreign legion (1/2 sec).
- 24:06 The first garage fight, the blonde (heckler's date) get sprayed by blood, the scene where she taste the blood is missing (6 secs).
- 92:38 2 Close-up shots of Lyon’s hand around Attila's neck, and one close-up shot of Lyon's face at the end of the match (9 secs) [There is only one bloody face shot of Attila, instead of the 3 shots in the US version].

This was originally released in Australia on VHS in two different versions an 'M-Rated' and 'R-Rated' version (both versions contained the "International Cut"), and only the 'M-Rated' version was compared with the R1 "Lionheart" DVD release.

...BMatt
Last edited by BrunnenMatt on 04 Oct 2006 03:12, edited 5 times in total.
BrunnenMatt

Lionheart and A.W.O.L. Absent Without Leave DVD Release.

Postby BrunnenMatt » 04 Oct 2006 01:27

Comparison between the R1 "Lionheart" and R2 UK "A.W.O.L. Absent Without Leave" DVD release.

R-Rated US Cut Lionheart
- Opening Logo "Universal Pictures". (0.38 )
- Different title sequences and main title "Lionheart".
- 02:45 Alternate Shot: When Francois is set on fire he runs into a wall, we see Francois body hitting the wall from a distance and see him fall to the ground. (0.02)
- 14:28 Extended Scene: After Lyon threatens the captain on ship, he dives from the ship and we see an additional shot of him coming to the surface and start swimming to shore. (0.02)
- 21:32 New Scene: After Joshua eats at the diner; we see a night shot of a busy street before they go to the building where Lyon meets Cynthia for the first time. (0.06)
- 36:15 Alternate Line: At the Hospital, Lyon asks the doctor "Doc, My question is... Did they catch them?" Doctor "Yes, Mr Gaultier. I believe the police have them in custody", "If I were you, I'd be a little more concerned about his wife and his child". (0.13)
- 49:08 Extended Scene: Cynthia brings Lyon a blue shirt while he is getting changed, we see Cynthia run her hands down Lyon chest and she says "No… How about this? Any better?" Store assistant "Ermm Ermm… Every think o.k. in there?" Lyon "Every think is fine". (0.22)

International Cut: A.W.O.L. Absent Without Leave
- Opening Logo "Imperial Entertainment". (0.10)
- Different title sequences and main title "A.W.O.L. Absent Without Leave".
- 01:35 Alternate Shot / Extended Scene: When Francois is set on fire he runs into a wall, we see a close-up shot of Francois hitting the wall; and when Francois falls to the ground we see him start crawling away, instead of just falling. (0.07)
- 01:45 Extended Scene: Close-up shot of Francois burnt face when he arrives in the operating room, before it cuts to his wife Helene (0.01).
- 07:40 Extended Scene: Lyon makes a U turn in jeep, before Sgt .Hartog runs out of building. (0.03)
- 07:51 Extended Scene: After Lyon elbows Sgt .Hartog in the head he falls out of jeep and starts running after the jeep, we then see him jump back into the jeep. (0.09)
- 13:05 Extended Scene: When the captain is talking to Lyon about not leaving the ship, Lyon shows him his hands and says "I pay for the trip" Captain replies "I’m being generous Frenchie". (0.07)
- 13:36 New Scene: After Lyon dives of the ship, we see a shot of him coming out of the water and climbing on to the docks and disturbing a homeless man who stares at Lyon. (0.23)
- 34:02 Extended Scene: We see Lyon talking to a nurse and a doctor before he finds out about his brothers death. Lyon "He’s my brother, I want to see Francois now� Doctor “I understand, I need to see some identification", Lyon "I want to see my brother. What’s going on?" Doctor "Please come with me, please!". (0.10)
- 35:07 Alternate Line: At the Hospital, Lyon asks the doctor "Doc, My question is... Did they catch them?" Doctor "The guys who set him on fire, might have been rival drug dealers? They might have been customers that he sold some bad stuff to? They might have been kids playing a sick prank? We may never know, he was too delirious to tell the police much of any think", "If I were you, I'd be a little more concerned about his wife and his child". (0.24)
- 39:28 Extended Scene: While Lyon talks to Nicole in apartment staircase, the landlord ask Lyon "Do you live here" Lyon "I came to visit" Landlord "We’ll excuse me". (0.05)
- 52:29 Extended Scene: When Lyon tells Cynthia he wants to move out, she gets mad and screams at him and smashes her wine glass "Are you shall it isn’t because you have found some think a little softer, A little easier on the street today? Don’t answer, That’s my business! my business… I’m sick of this s**t, get out! Get the f*** out! And take that goddamn cripple with you! In the morning you call Russell and you tell him where you’re staying from now on, you deal with Russell and only with Russell our relationship is strictly business the way it should of been from the beginning you got that? And you owe me for these" Lyon "I call Russell in the morning, if you don’t forget to call your accountant" Cynthia "Hmm… I think about it" Lyon "Yeah, think about it" Cynthia then closes the door. (1.05)
- 69:28 Extended Scene: After Lyon sees the doctor we hear Cynthia talking to a male nurse "His name is Lyon, I know his here, I have to go and find him now, is he here? Can you tell me if he is in here, we’ll, we’ll who knows? Who knows where he is? Excuse me, I have to go" Nurse "I understand, I can try to find out, but you can not go in here, I can talk too the regular nurse, I can loose my... Please maim". Cynthia sees Lyon "I rushed over as soon as I heard what had happened. My God! Your staying here tonight aren’t you?" Lyon "When did you start to care?" Cynthia "Get of it Lyon, I know I said some things I probably shouldn’t have, but if I had known the truth about your situation. Why didn’t you tell me? I could have helped you with your family" Lyon "Do you want to help?" Cynthia "Yeah" Lyon "I need your help" Cynthia "What ever you want!". (0.47)

The R2 UK "A.W.O.L. Absent Without Leave" release is uncut and contain all missing footage from the Australian "Wrong Bet" (M-Rated VHS tape).

...BMatt
BrunnenMatt

Comparison between the R2 French and R2 UK release.

Postby BrunnenMatt » 10 Nov 2006 02:50

Comparison between the R2 French "Full Contact" and R2 UK "A.W.O.L. Absent Without Leave" DVD release.

International Cut: Full Contact (103:52 mins - PAL).
- Opening Logo #1 "Metropolitan Filmexport". (0.18 )
- Opening Logo #2 "Imperial Entertainment". (0.10)
- French title sequences and main title "Full Contact" differences.
- 01:53 Alternate Shot / Extended Scene: When Francois is set on fire he runs into a wall, we see a close-up shot of Francois hitting the wall; and when Francois falls to the ground we see him start crawling away, instead of just falling. (0.07)
- 02:03 Extended Scene: Close-up shot of Francois burnt face when he arrives in the operating room, before it cuts to his wife Helene (0.01).
- 07:58 Extended Scene: Lyon makes a U turn in jeep, before Sgt .Hartog runs out of building. (0.03)
- 08:09 Extended Scene: After Lyon elbows Sgt .Hartog in the head he falls out of jeep and starts running after the jeep, we then see him jump back into the jeep. (0.09)
- 13:23 Extended Scene: When the captain is talking to Lyon about not leaving the ship, Lyon shows him his hands and says "I pay for the trip" Captain replies "I’m being generous Frenchie". (0.07)
- 13:54 New Scene: After Lyon dives of the ship, we see a shot of him coming out of the water and climbing on to the docks and disturbing a homeless man who stares at Lyon. (0.23)
- 34:20 Extended Scene: We see Lyon talking to a nurse and a doctor before he finds out about his brothers death. Lyon "He’s my brother, I want to see Francois now� Doctor “I understand, I need to see some identification", Lyon "I want to see my brother. What’s going on?" Doctor "Please come with me, please!". (0.10)
- 35:25 Alternate Line: At the Hospital, Lyon asks the doctor "Doc, My question is... Did they catch them?" Doctor "The guys who set him on fire, might have been rival drug dealers? They might have been customers that he sold some bad stuff to? They might have been kids playing a sick prank? We may never know, he was too delirious to tell the police much of any think", "If I were you, I'd be a little more concerned about his wife and his child". (0.24)
- 39:46 Extended Scene: While Lyon talks to Nicole in apartment staircase, the landlord ask Lyon "Do you live here" Lyon "I came to visit" Landlord "We’ll excuse me". (0.05)
- 52:47 Extended Scene: When Lyon tells Cynthia he wants to move out, she gets mad and screams at him and smashes her wine glass "Are you shall it isn’t because you have found some think a little softer, A little easier on the street today? Don’t answer, That’s my business! my business… I’m sick of this s**t, get out! Get the f*** out! And take that goddamn cripple with you! In the morning you call Russell and you tell him where you’re staying from now on, you deal with Russell and only with Russell our relationship is strictly business the way it should of been from the beginning you got that? And you owe me for these" Lyon "I call Russell in the morning, if you don’t forget to call your accountant" Cynthia "Hmm… I think about it" Lyon "Yeah, think about it" Cynthia then closes the door. (1.05)
- 69:46 Extended Scene: After Lyon sees the doctor we hear Cynthia talking to a male nurse "His name is Lyon, I know his here, I have to go and find him now, is he here? Can you tell me if he is in here, we’ll, we’ll who knows? Who knows where he is? Excuse me, I have to go" Nurse "I understand, I can try to find out, but you can not go in here, I can talk too the regular nurse, I can loose my... Please maim". Cynthia sees Lyon "I rushed over as soon as I heard what had happened. My God! Your staying here tonight aren’t you?" Lyon "When did you start to care?" Cynthia "Get of it Lyon, I know I said some things I probably shouldn’t have, but if I had known the truth about your situation. Why didn’t you tell me? I could have helped you with your family" Lyon "Do you want to help?" Cynthia "Yeah" Lyon "I need your help" Cynthia "What ever you want!". (0.47)

The R2 French release and the UK "A.W.O.L. Absent Without Leave" release contain the same version of the movie with no cuts to the film.

...BMatt
BrunnenMatt

R2 Scandinavian "Lionheart" DVD release

Postby BrunnenMatt » 24 Apr 2007 08:14

R2 Scandinavian "Lionheart" release is the same version as the R2 UK "A.W.O.L. Absent Without Leave" DVD release.

International Cut: "Lionheart" DVD title. "A.W.O.L. Absent Without Leave" title sequence (103:30 - PAL)
- Opening Logo "Imperial Entertainment". (0.10)
- Different title sequences and main title "A.W.O.L. Absent Without Leave".
- 01:35 Alternate Shot / Extended Scene: When Francois is set on fire he runs into a wall, we see a close-up shot of Francois hitting the wall; and when Francois falls to the ground we see him start crawling away, instead of just falling. (0.07)
- 01:45 Extended Scene: Close-up shot of Francois burnt face when he arrives in the operating room, before it cuts to his wife Helene (0.01).
- 07:40 Extended Scene: Lyon makes a U turn in jeep, before Sgt .Hartog runs out of building. (0.03)
- 07:51 Extended Scene: After Lyon elbows Sgt .Hartog in the head he falls out of jeep and starts running after the jeep, we then see him jump back into the jeep. (0.09)
- 13:05 Extended Scene: When the captain is talking to Lyon about not leaving the ship, Lyon shows him his hands and says "I pay for the trip" Captain replies "I’m being generous Frenchie". (0.07)
- 13:36 New Scene: After Lyon dives of the ship, we see a shot of him coming out of the water and climbing on to the docks and disturbing a homeless man who stares at Lyon. (0.23)
- 34:02 Extended Scene: We see Lyon talking to a nurse and a doctor before he finds out about his brothers death. Lyon "He’s my brother, I want to see Francois now� Doctor “I understand, I need to see some identification", Lyon "I want to see my brother. What’s going on?" Doctor "Please come with me, please!". (0.10)
- 35:07 Alternate Line: At the Hospital, Lyon asks the doctor "Doc, My question is... Did they catch them?" Doctor "The guys who set him on fire, might have been rival drug dealers? They might have been customers that he sold some bad stuff to? They might have been kids playing a sick prank? We may never know, he was too delirious to tell the police much of any think", "If I were you, I'd be a little more concerned about his wife and his child". (0.24)
- 39:28 Extended Scene: While Lyon talks to Nicole in apartment staircase, the landlord ask Lyon "Do you live here" Lyon "I came to visit" Landlord "We’ll excuse me". (0.05)
- 52:29 Extended Scene: When Lyon tells Cynthia he wants to move out, she gets mad and screams at him and smashes her wine glass "Are you shall it isn’t because you have found some think a little softer, A little easier on the street today? Don’t answer, That’s my business! my business… I’m sick of this s**t, get out! Get the f*** out! And take that goddamn cripple with you! In the morning you call Russell and you tell him where you’re staying from now on, you deal with Russell and only with Russell our relationship is strictly business the way it should of been from the beginning you got that? And you owe me for these" Lyon "I call Russell in the morning, if you don’t forget to call your accountant" Cynthia "Hmm… I think about it" Lyon "Yeah, think about it" Cynthia then closes the door. (1.05)
- 69:28 Extended Scene: After Lyon sees the doctor we hear Cynthia talking to a male nurse "His name is Lyon, I know his here, I have to go and find him now, is he here? Can you tell me if he is in here, we’ll, we’ll who knows? Who knows where he is? Excuse me, I have to go" Nurse "I understand, I can try to find out, but you can not go in here, I can talk too the regular nurse, I can loose my... Please maim". Cynthia sees Lyon "I rushed over as soon as I heard what had happened. My God! Your staying here tonight aren’t you?" Lyon "When did you start to care?" Cynthia "Get of it Lyon, I know I said some things I probably shouldn’t have, but if I had known the truth about your situation. Why didn’t you tell me? I could have helped you with your family" Lyon "Do you want to help?" Cynthia "Yeah" Lyon "I need your help" Cynthia "What ever you want!". (0.47)

The R2 Scandinavian "Lionheart" uses the same title sequence as the R2 UK "A.W.O.L. Absent Without Leave" release and is uncut and contain all missing footage from the Australian "Wrong Bet" (M-Rated VHS tape).

...BMatt
BrunnenMatt

Return to Reference