The Bridge at Remagen DVDs

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

The Bridge at Remagen DVDs

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 03 May 2017 16:16

I have a copy of The Bridge at Remagen (1969) DVD. Mine is a US release from MGM (although I live in the UK, I usually prefer to get NTSC releases as they don't have the PAL speedup). However, it seems to be different to the one listed in the database. In particular, mine is non-anamorphic, whereas the database listing is anamorphic. At first I thought the database must be wrong, but by searching on amazon.co.uk I have just realised that the back cover is slightly different to the one listed, and mine is dated 2000. The one on amazon.co.uk is dated 2005, which I assume is the one in the database. Incidentally, the 2005 release is also the item I ordered, so in effect I have been sent the wrong item, but since it was over 2 years ago, I guess it's a bit late to complain.

Can anyone confirm whether the 2005 US release is anamorphic? Also, are the other releases anamorphic?

If you wish to add the 2000 US MGM release to the database, it has exactly the same specs as the one listed except for two things:

1. It is non-anamorphic (but still 2.35:1)
2. It doesn't have the English subtitles option

It does include a booklet, although I can't confirm whether it is the same one as the 2005 release.

Runtime is: 116:29

Many thanks
Darrel_Griffin

Re: The Bridge at Remagen DVDs

Postby Paul Moran » 03 May 2017 20:16

I have this film in the R1 MGM Movie Collection: 6 War Movies: 3 x DVD-10, containing The Bridge at Remagen / Beach Red; Beachhead / Ambush Bay; Mosquito Squadron / 633 Squadron. According to amazon.com, this set was released on October 5, 2010. The Bridge at Remagen is 2.35:1 non-anamorphic.
Paul Moran

Re: The Bridge at Remagen DVDs

Postby Samuel_Scott » 03 May 2017 22:27

Darrel_Griffin wrote:I have a copy of The Bridge at Remagen (1969) DVD. Mine is a US release from MGM (although I live in the UK, I usually prefer to get NTSC releases as they don't have the PAL speedup). However, it seems to be different to the one listed in the database. In particular, mine is non-anamorphic, whereas the database listing is anamorphic. At first I thought the database must be wrong, but by searching on amazon.co.uk I have just realised that the back cover is slightly different to the one listed, and mine is dated 2000. The one on amazon.co.uk is dated 2005, which I assume is the one in the database. Incidentally, the 2005 release is also the item I ordered, so in effect I have been sent the wrong item, but since it was over 2 years ago, I guess it's a bit late to complain.

Can anyone confirm whether the 2005 US release is anamorphic? Also, are the other releases anamorphic?

If you wish to add the 2000 US MGM release to the database, it has exactly the same specs as the one listed except for two things:

1. It is non-anamorphic (but still 2.35:1)
2. It doesn't have the English subtitles option

It does include a booklet, although I can't confirm whether it is the same one as the 2005 release.

Runtime is: 116:29

Many thanks

I can't find any info anywhere about this being anamorphic and lots stating non-anamorphic only so I've updated the existing entry,
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion