Dead Presidents (1995) R2 UK corrections UPDATED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Dead Presidents (1995) R2 UK corrections UPDATED

Postby Oliver_Wicks » 06 Jun 2018 11:26

Hello :-D .

Dead Presidents (1995) R2 UK was re-issued a few years back but this version has a couple of errors on the back cover that bare mentioning:

1: The case says the aspect ratio is 2:35:1, when it's actually 2:40:1.
2: The case makes no mention that this disc is a flipper but rather, it states it's a dual-layer release.

This re-issue can be recognised by the use of the newer, lighter coloured BBFC 18 cert logo and not the original dark red version that was in use during the 80's and 90's. Also, the following info is missing from the comparison for the UK release:-

1: The film also includes French and Italian Subtitles but neither are mentioned on the case.
2: I can't confirm this since my grasp of the French language is frankly abysmal but the case states that the French 2.0 Surround track is actually French (Canadian).
3: I don't know if you want to include this but the audio can only be changed via the main menu and not in-film.

General corrections:

1: All the sponsored links, except for Amazon.fr, are dead.
2: In the Australia (Re-issue) and Scandinavia comparisons, the "o" in "HoH" is capitalised instead of lower case.
Wise man once say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

American components, Russian components AND ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!!!! - Lev Andropov (Armageddon)
Oliver_Wicks

Re: Dead Presidents (1995) R2 UK corrections

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 06 Jun 2018 15:24

Oliver_Wicks wrote:General corrections:

They are there as usual. Is it an Ad Blocker app that blocks it from your view?

Hopefully Criterion can get their hands on this one for a proper reissue. Been waiting too long for it.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Dead Presidents (1995) R2 UK corrections UPDATED

Postby Oliver_Wicks » 06 Jun 2018 16:47

James-Masaki_Ryan wrote:
Oliver_Wicks wrote:General corrections:

They are there as usual. Is it an Ad Blocker app that blocks it from your view?

Hopefully Criterion can get their hands on this one for a proper reissue. Been waiting too long for it.

I'll take a look at my settings, then get back to you :-D. EDIT: I've got the Amazon links working but the ones for realgroovy.co.nz are dead as dodos and just return a 404 error but a quick search of the site, shows they no longer stock the film in any way, shape or form :(.
Wise man once say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

American components, Russian components AND ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!!!! - Lev Andropov (Armageddon)
Oliver_Wicks

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests