Amazonia (Shriek Show DVD) easter egg details UPDATED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Amazonia (Shriek Show DVD) easter egg details UPDATED

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 01 Sep 2018 06:30

The details for the Easter egg on the DVD:

Amazonia: The Catherine Miles Story AKA Schiave Bianche: Violenza In Amazzonia AKA White Slave (1985)

R1 America - Media Blasters/Shriek Show

are as follows:

From the Main Menu, go to the Extras page, highlight 'Fangoria International Trailers', press LEFT to reveal a picture of the actress's head at the bottom right of the screen, then press ENTER. This plays an alternate English opening credits sequence (aspect ratio 4:3, duration 2:13).
Darrel_Griffin

Re: Amazonia (Shriek Show DVD) easter egg details

Postby Eric_Cotenas » 01 Sep 2018 07:57

Are yiu referring to the “White Slave” title sequence?
Eric_Cotenas
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 01 Sep 2018 09:07

That was a bit of a curve-ball question - I wasn't expecting to be quizzed on the contents!

Ok, I've just checked again... and the short answer is: no!

Here's more info.:

In the main movie on this disc, it starts with a short opening scene, then the credit sequence starts at 0:00:51, finishing at 0:02:53. It has titles in French, with the director credited as ROY GARRETT, and the film title as L'ESCLAVE BLONDE (= Blonde Slave, so more or less French for White Slave).

The Easter egg version, apart from being 4:3, seems to consist mostly of the same shots as the title sequence in the movie, but with English text. The Easter egg starts with a caption: English Opening Sequence, then the sequence proper begins at 0:00:04, starting with white text on plain black background:

The Producers wish to thank
the Criminal Court
of Ciudad Rodaz
for allowing them to consult
the records of the trial
depicted here.

The bit above seems to be part of this alternate credit sequence, but does not appear in the main movie on this disc, at least not in the opening credit sequence. After this, the movie shots begin at 0:00:13 (starting with a waterfall shot), and seem to consist of the same shots as in the main movie, but with text in English. The director is still credited as ROY GARRETT, but the movie title is written as:

AMAZONIA

The CATHERINE MILES
STORY

(capitalisation as per the text on screen) with AMAZONIA in large red letters and the rest in smaller white letters.

I hope that answers your question!
Darrel_Griffin

Postby Eric_Cotenas » 01 Sep 2018 09:13

Thanks. If I remember correctly, the 88 Dvd had English credits and the alternate titles were the White Slave title card. The Blu has Italian credits but I think it has the English card at the start that you mention. I thought the Shriek Show and 88 DVD used the same master but apparently not.
Eric_Cotenas
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 01 Sep 2018 09:44

I don't own the 88 Films DVD, so can't comment on that, but I have recently received the 88 Films Blu-ray. Not watched it yet, but just checking the disc now...

Yes, regardless of whether selecting 'PLAY ENGLISH' or 'PLAY ITALIAN' (these options seemingly just selecting different audio/subtitles), the movie begins with the same text I mentioned, i.e. "The Producers wish to thank...", before proceeding to the opening scene, followed by an Italian opening credit sequence.

N.B. The 88 Films Blu-ray is region ALL (i.e. ABC), just checked by me, and also as stated on the back of the case, so this can be corrected in the database.
Darrel_Griffin

Postby Eric_Cotenas » 01 Sep 2018 09:48

Will do.
Eric_Cotenas
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Eric_Cotenas » 02 Sep 2018 14:15

Fixed both the Shriek Show and the 88 Blu.

Yes, regardless of whether selecting 'PLAY ENGLISH' or 'PLAY ITALIAN' (these options seemingly just selecting different audio/subtitles), the movie begins with the same text I mentioned, i.e. "The Producers wish to thank...", before proceeding to the opening scene, followed by an Italian opening credit sequence.

The menu options only select the audio track and subtitle option. I think Arrow is the only company that uses branching for the English or Italian title sequences when available while only a handful of 88 discs have separate English and Italian version encodes like ABSURD and MASSACRE IN DINOSAUR VALLEY.
Eric_Cotenas
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests