DVD R2 - Germany - Shunned House UPDATED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

DVD R2 - Germany - Shunned House UPDATED

Postby Christian_Bütikofer » 17 Sep 2017 00:16

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/f ... id=42706#2

Picture Gallery (37 pictures)
Bonus Trailers ("Play All" option, German, no subtitles, execptions noted) (15:37):
Bad Brains (Italian, no subtitles) (1:11)
Maelstrom - Il figlio dell'altrove AKA Unknown Beyond (English, no subtitles)
The Backyard
The American Nightmare (English, forced German subtitles)

Notes: There are twice forced English subtitles for Italian writing in the movie. Original title: La casa sfuggita
Christian_Bütikofer

Re: DVD R2 - Germany - Shunned House FAO Christian

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 17 Sep 2017 12:06

Christian_Bütikofer wrote:Bonus Trailers ("Play All" option, German, no subtitles, execptions noted) (15:37):
Bad Brains (Italian, no subtitles) (1:11)
Maelstrom - Il figlio dell'altrove AKA Unknown Beyond (English, no subtitles)
The Backyard
The American Nightmare (English, forced German subtitles)

We currently have these listed:

Bonus Trailers:
- "Armee des Jenseits" (1:20)
- "Con Game" (1:53)
- "The Big Empty" (1:57)
- "Clubland" (1:46)
- "Sisters" (1:58)
- "Penetration Angst" (1:37)
- "Attack of the Killer Hog" (1:36)
- "The American Nightmare" (1:46)
- "Backyard" (1:40)

Are these incorrect? Are the four trailers you posted above before or after these trailers? And are there individual runtimes for the three trailers?

Christian_Bütikofer wrote:Notes: There are twice forced English subtitles for Italian writing in the movie. Original title: La casa sfuggita

When are the English subtitles forced? If you play the movie with no subtitles then the English is forced? And when you play with the German subtitles the English subtitles are replaced with the German track?
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Christian_Bütikofer » 17 Sep 2017 17:47

The entries for the trailers I didn't mention are ok. There is one additional trailer: "Bad Brains" - I put it first because it's not listed under "Bonus Trailers" but separately (I guess because it's from the same director that mad Shunned House, kind of an advertisement). "Armee des Jenseits" is the German title for "Maelstrom - Il figlio dell'altrove" AKA Unknown Beyond

Runtimes: In my edition the runtimes for the trailers are not shown individually (only the whole runtime for "play all").

Forced subtitles for Italian parts: English language has forced English subtitles (with no subtitles on) at 35:04. German audio without German subtitles also has forced English subs at 35:04. Same with German subtitles on. (The forced English subtitle looks like "burnt" into the picture, not like "normal" subtitles).
Christian_Bütikofer

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 17 Sep 2017 23:25

That is not the definition of "forced subtitles". You are describing "burned in subtitles" so I will list it with that.

Updated, thank you.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests