Hostel: Part II (2007) (Blu-Ray) UPDATED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Hostel: Part II (2007) (Blu-Ray) UPDATED

Postby Michael_Byers » 10 Mar 2018 11:25

Blu-ray A America - Mill Creek Home Entertainment
Unrated Director's Cut - Double Feature

Runtime: 94:58
Soundtracks:
English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
French DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

Notes: back cover states:
English DTS-HD MA English 5.1
French 5.1
However, it does in fact have DTS-HD MA for both languages despite not mentioning it for the French track.

Worth noting that this specific release by them is actually not that bad if you do not care about the extras, so I honestly can't agree with this at the bottom of the entry: "Just avoid the U.S. re-release from Mill Creek which omits the extras."
The disc is a BD-50, the bit rate is in the high 20 Mbps range for both films resulting with a file size for H1 at 19 GB and H2 at 18.1 GB. Both films have DTS HD-MA 5.1 and subs if you need it.
I paid $3 for it new and it allowed me to get rid of my DVDs of 1 and 2; it even has the alternate ending for part 1, which I added in that correction. It's too bad that bit rate comparisons are not present here, as I would like to see how this compares to individual releases of 1 and 2 for just the films.
Michael_Byers

Re: Hostel: Part II (2007) (Blu-Ray)

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 11 Mar 2018 23:27

Updated.

Considering that we look at specs such as audio channels, list of extras, etc , the Mill Creek is not a winner. We rarely make something the winner due to picture quality, but if it is significantly different - such as an upscaled SD transfer vs a new 4K restoration transfer, we will place it in the notes. As for Hostel and bitrate, if you or someone can provide us with a direct comparison and there is significant difference in the picture quality, we will address it. It is currently no on Capsaholic for comparison.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests