Haunted (1995) - Blu-ray - Italy ADDED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Haunted (1995) - Blu-ray - Italy ADDED

Postby Kieran_Seymour » 23 Mar 2018 13:58

Title: Fantasmi
Region: B, C
Releasing Studio: Eagle Pictures
Case Type: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1
Codec: (MVC, AVC MPEG-4, VC-1, MPEG-2) UNKNOWN
Picture: 1080p
Soundtracks: Italian DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0; Italian Dolby Digital 2.0; English Dolby Digital 2.0
Subtitles (are they optional?): Italian (optional - see notes)
Cuts: (and if you know it, precise run time) 1:47:45
Commentaries: None
Extras: None
Notes: A number of scenes weren't originally dubbed into Italian, so for the unedited Blu-ray release these sections use the original English language soundtrack with forced Italian subtitles. This also affects anyone watching with the English language soundtrack. Overall, it covers seven sections, totalling around 13.5 minutes.
Easter Eggs: None
Amazon ASIN (UK, French, German, USA releases only): B0057LA74Q
Source: I own a copy.
Kieran_Seymour

Re: Haunted (1995) - Blu-ray - Italy

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 24 Mar 2018 00:30

Kieran_Seymour wrote:Codec: (MVC, AVC MPEG-4, VC-1, MPEG-2) UNKNOWN

If you have the release, we would like to know the codec. Please check your disc.
Kieran_Seymour wrote:Soundtracks: Italian DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0; Italian Dolby Digital 2.0; English Dolby Digital 2.0

The 2.0 tracks - mono, stereo, or surround?
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Haunted (1995) - Blu-ray - Italy FAO Kieran

Postby Kieran_Seymour » 07 Jul 2018 16:50

Sorry, I'd forgotten all about this!

I had to go out of town for a couple of days due to what turned into a family related fiasco and it completely slipped my mind.

Better late than never, I suppose :)

Anyway it's stereo, and I'm afraid I can't say about the codec. My player unfortunately doesn't get that technical.
Kieran_Seymour

Postby Ain_Uussaar » 07 Jul 2018 22:22

Eagle Pictures Spa? The Italian pirate label? :-?
Ain_Uussaar
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 08 Jul 2018 01:01

With the subtitles you say they are optional, then later in the notes, you say "forced". It can't be both. I assume it has forced subtitles only?
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Kieran_Seymour » 08 Jul 2018 08:48

Ain_Uussaar wrote:Eagle Pictures Spa? The Italian pirate label? :-?

Oh :(

Well that's something I never knew...
Kieran_Seymour

Postby Kieran_Seymour » 08 Jul 2018 08:59

James-Masaki_Ryan wrote:With the subtitles you say they are optional, then later in the notes, you say "forced". It can't be both. I assume it has forced subtitles only?

In light of the info about Eagle Pictures above you might be wanting to disregard all this. I honestly had no idea. Cheeky devils...

Anyway, until that decision, I will at least attempt to show I'm not completely bonkers. Not entirely, anyway!

There's two subtitle streams. The first is Italian throughout. Obviously optional as there's a dubbed Italian soundtrack.The second is completely blank, apart from the sections which were edited from the Italian theatrical release and therefore never dubbed. Those subtitles are obviously in Italian.

It's not possible to watch without one or the other. If you watch with the English language soundtrack you have to make do with the second option.
Kieran_Seymour

Postby Ain_Uussaar » 08 Jul 2018 09:52

I sent Brent PM. Maybe it's a gray label. We have a lot of releases from them in our database.
But they are on Brents pirate labels list:
http://www.brentonfilm.com/articles/bew ... s-and-dvds
Ain_Uussaar
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 08 Jul 2018 11:20

Kieran_Seymour wrote:
James-Masaki_Ryan wrote:There's two subtitle streams. The first is Italian throughout. Obviously optional as there's a dubbed Italian soundtrack.The second is completely blank, apart from the sections which were edited from the Italian theatrical release and therefore never dubbed. Those subtitles are obviously in Italian.

It's not possible to watch without one or the other. If you watch with the English language soundtrack you have to make do with the second option.

I'm still a little confused. If you play the movie with English audio, the second subtitle stream appears and cannot be removed? So if an Italian person wants to watch the movie with English audio, the subtitles only appears partially and are forced?
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ain_Uussaar » 09 Jul 2018 16:24

Sorry Kieran disregard my pirate comment.
Ain_Uussaar
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Kieran_Seymour » 09 Jul 2018 17:39

Right. The temperatures in the UK are actually low enough for me to sit at the PC without the risk of spontaneous human combustion today, so I'll try and get the facts straightened out!

I've gone back to my original notes, so disregard yesterday's waffle. It's been a long four months since I checked everything. Sorry for any confusion.

Anyway, there's just one subtitle stream. Italian language, selectable for whichever audio you listen to. I've just checked this again to be sure and that's correct.

Whether you choose to have the subtitles switched on or off, there are sections of the film where subtitles will still be present. These sections cannot be disabled. Also just checked again. I did wonder if they were burned in, but they're not. They're definitely player generated. I've got the approximate timings for those sections noted down if needed.

The default is Italian audio and no subtitles apart from those noted sections.

Ain_Uussaar wrote:Sorry Kieran disregard my pirate comment.

I'm almost disappointed. I'm exactly 3 items short of 700 purchases overall and I thought I'd finally got a talking point on the shelf ;)
Kieran_Seymour

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 09 Jul 2018 22:20

Got it. Added finally. Thank you!
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests