Satan's Slave R0 USA ADDED

A selection of threads which are no longer active but which we feel are of significant value to keep.

Moderator: Forum Team

Satan's Slave R0 USA ADDED

Postby Eric_Cotenas » 12 Mar 2012 03:18

Title: Satan's Slave
Region: 0
Distributor: Scorpion Releasing
Case Type: Amaray
Aspect Ratio: 2.34:1
Anamorphic?: yes
PAL or NTSC?: NTSC
Soundtracks: English Dolby Digital 2.0 mono
Subtitles (are they optional?): none
Cuts: NTSC - 1:29:39
Commentaries: none
Extras: Playable with optional KATARINA'S NIGHTMARE THEATER introduction and post-script, All You Need is Blood: The Making of SATAN'S SLAVE (13:11), Devilish Music: interview with composer John Scott (12:31), Creating Satan: SATAN'S SLAVE featuette (29:47), Deleted and Alternate Scenes (silent and B&W workprint with commentary from director Norman Warren): Tea Party (2:56) and Dream Sequence (2:06), U.K. Theatrical Trailer (2:03), U.S. Theatrical Trailer (3:12), FRAGMENT short film (10:03), Trailers for TERROR and DEATH SHIP, KATARINA'S NIGHTMARE THEATER clip reel featuring Death Ship, Whispers, The Survivor, Double Exposure, Humongous, Nothing But The Night, Final Exam, House On Sorority Row, The Incubus, The Devil Within Her, Revenge, Terror, The Carpenter, Satan's Slave, Satan's Blood, Human Experiments, American Nightmare, and The Pyx
Notes: features the export "scissor" bedroom scene (the Anchor Bay disc replaced this with Warren's preferred softer alternate scene)
Easter Eggs: none
Source:* review copy

NOTE: The short film FRAGMENT and the CREATING SATAN documentary are present on disc 5 of Anchor Bay's Warren set.
Eric_Cotenas
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Satan's Slave R0 USA

Postby Anthony_DiPaola » 12 Mar 2012 16:47

I'll add this. But I also like to add this:

http://10kbullets.com/reviews/s/satans-slave-terror/

Problem is, the film is cut for the BCI release and I don't what got cut. Could anyone who owns the release tell me?
Anthony_DiPaola
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Satan's Slave R0 USA

Postby Eric_Cotenas » 12 Mar 2012 17:19

[quote="Anthony_DiPaola"]I'll add this. But I also like to add this:

http://10kbullets.com/reviews/s/satans-slave-terror/

Problem is, the film is cut for the BCI release and I don't what got cut. Could anyone who owns the release tell me?[/quote]

I didn't bother to get it at the time because it was cut (and I had the Warren box set). There's a DVD Drive-in review for that edition that is only a little more descriptive of the cuts, but not in terms of timing (you'll have to look it up at DVD-Basen or somewhere since the SATAN'S SLAVE review link up on the main page right now is the one I wrote for the Scorpion edition - DVDBeaver comparison of the UK and US discs coming later in the week).
Eric_Cotenas
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Satan's Slave R0 USA ADDED

Postby Anthony_DiPaola » 12 Mar 2012 19:32

Added along with the BCI release which according to Mondo Digital (http://www.mondo-digital.com/satanslave.html) is the British Cinema cut. I've also merged the page with The Norman J Warren Collection UK set.
Anthony_DiPaola
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Anthony_DiPaola » 12 Mar 2012 19:56

The UK Norman J Warren Collection has now been merged with the respected films in the set. As a result, the The Norman J Warren Collection page has been deleted.
Anthony_DiPaola
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Eric_Cotenas » 12 Mar 2012 23:07

[quote="Anthony_DiPaola"]Added along with the BCI release which according to Mondo Digital (http://www.mondo-digital.com/satanslave.html) is the British Cinema cut. I've also merged the page with The Norman J Warren Collection UK set.[/quote]

If it's the British cinema cut, that would explain why it's choppy (but I believe the Anchor Bay - which came from Warren's own print - is longer than the cinema version).
Eric_Cotenas
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Eric_Cotenas » 13 Mar 2012 17:36

The scissor scene was replaced in the Anchor Bay version by Warren himself (in the commentary and the documentary "Creating Satan" Warren says that neither he, the crew, nor the actors in the sequence liked the stronger version). The export scene was intended as an extra (that is where it ran into problems with the BBFC, although I doubt it would have been allowed as part of the feature either).
Eric_Cotenas
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Eric_Cotenas » 15 Mar 2012 18:01

Eric_Cotenas
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Tim_Rogerson » 19 Mar 2012 14:38

The Anchor Bay print is uncut albeit substiututing the alternative softer version of the opening scene in the bedroom. The "harder" version was intended to be an extra on the AB disk but the BBFC told AB that they would have to cut it and consequently AB pulled the entire extra (as I guess it was the bits that the BBFC were going to be cut which was the reason for having it as an extra in the first place).

Confusingly, the harder export version was also the one originally submitted to the BBFC in 1976 although according to Marc Morris this was a "mistake".

The list of cuts posted in the DVD Drive-In review of the film seemed to be identical to those made by the BBFC to the cinema release back in 1976.
Tim_Rogerson

Postby Eric_Cotenas » 19 Mar 2012 21:29

[quote="Tim_Rogerson"]The [u]Anchor Bay[/u] print is uncut albeit substiututing the alternative softer version of the opening scene in the bedroom. The "harder" version was intended to be an extra on the AB disk but the BBFC told AB that they would have to cut it and consequently AB pulled the entire extra (as I guess it was the bits that the BBFC were going to be cut which was the reason for having it as an extra in the first place).

Confusingly, the harder export version was also the one originally submitted to the BBFC in 1976 although according to Marc Morris this was a "mistake".

The list of cuts posted in the DVD Drive-In review of the film seemed to be identical to those made by the BBFC to the cinema release back in 1976.[/quote]

Then that probably explains where that version on the BCI disc came from if the harder version was submitted by mistake.
Eric_Cotenas
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Reference