Goodnight Sweetheart (TV Series 1993–1999)DONE

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Goodnight Sweetheart (TV Series 1993–1999)DONE

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 30 Jul 2017 16:04

OK, this next request I'm not sure if it is OK to ask about since what it says in the request-rules section:

Also, we would ask that you avoid making requests for entire TV series (e.g. multiple seasons) or film collections (e.g. the entire Friday The 13th series). Whilst we are happy to look at your requests, please remember that we all do this work IN OUR SPARE TIME and it's very disheartening for us when we have to neglect other requests because we are spending all of our time working on a single 'large' request.

I apologise if I'm not meant to put out this large-series request (maybe this post can be deleted if it is a problem). If it is OK I will not ask for anymore requests for a while to let you guys look this one up...

Anyway, there are currently no comparisons of "Goodnight Sweetheart (TV Series 1993–1999) - (only available on DVD as far as I know). Also there was a one-off "2016-episode" but as far as I know and according to WIKIPEDIA it has not been released on DVD yet. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodnight_Sweetheart_(TV_series)#DVD_releases

Also (I'm not sure) but there might be some censorship involved with some parts of this series. Throughout the series there were times when various songs and music were played / sung and I wonder if some might have been cut / censored / altered on the DVD releases (like has been done on other UK-DVD-comedy titles like "Just Good Friends" and "Only Fools And Horses"). I have looked online at various places like WIKI, Amazon-feedback, IMDB, various discussion group websites etc but I cannot find any confirmed mention of any censorship. There may very well have been no censoring done at all for all I know, but I just thought I'd mention the possibility - I wonder if you guys can double check?
Ewan_McMahon

Re: Goodnight Sweetheart (TV Series 1993–1999)

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 31 Jul 2017 15:47

Found reviews for the first two seasons here:
http://www.zetaminor.com/dvd/dvdreviews ... theart.htm
http://www.zetaminor.com/dvd/dvdreviews ... eart_2.htm

Season 1 seems to have the music intact, season 2 doesn't.
The reviews do not go in depth enough on the aspect of what extras are on which discs, etc so unless someone could provide details or link to any place with additional info we won't be adding them to the database for now.

Remember Ewan, if you have any discs in your collection that are currently missing from our site, you are most welcome to provide us with information.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Samuel_Scott » 31 Jul 2017 18:57

If anyone is going to have these from the team, it will be Rick or Mark. I'll send them an e-mail.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 01 Aug 2017 09:09

Remember Ewan, if you have any discs in your collection that are currently missing from our site, you are most welcome to provide us with information.

I don't really have any titles that aren't already currently listed on this site already.

Most my requests are for titles I do not have in my own collection yet. I request them mainly due to the fact I need more information about them before I decide to go buy them - what other online information I find on other websites is often insufficent. Certainly anything with censor cuts etc I find really annoying, and would prefer to wait until such time as there might be a re-release or something in the future. Wishful thinking they might get a re-release I'll admit, but still I prefer to wait just in case. After all there have been many movie titles and series that have been re-release multiple times over the years for various reasons: old censorship cuts etc waived, new "extra" content added, anniversary special or something, and maybe some re-released for virtually no reason at all! :lol:
Ewan_McMahon

Postby Mark_Meakin » 01 Aug 2017 16:52

I don't any of the series on dvd I'm afraid.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Samuel_Scott » 04 Aug 2017 23:13

Neither does Rick unfortunately. Maybe a member will be able to help. :)
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
Samuel_Scott

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 05 Aug 2017 08:24

Oh well, anyway you guys have confirmed the main thing that was my main concern about this title - the music cut/censorship stuff in at least one series. Thanks for checking that up - I guess I'll add this to my own personal "hope they will re-release it in the future list". :lol:

So what happens now? Does this thread just remain open until someone has some details about this title to add? (Also can I go and make a comparisons-correction post? - I noticed a title already listed on the site that has a serious typing-error and is missing what looks like important text as a result).
Ewan_McMahon

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 06 Aug 2017 01:13

Ewan_McMahon wrote:(Also can I go and make a comparisons-correction post? - I noticed a title already listed on the site that has a serious typing-error and is missing what looks like important text as a result).

Yes you can, of course.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Nigel_Badnell » 18 Aug 2017 22:11

I have the complete series, but have had a busy Summer (travelling) and am still catching-up.
The Prof.

"Long live the new flesh."
Nigel_Badnell
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Nigel_Badnell » 30 Aug 2017 21:40

As noted in the Reviews of Series 1 & 2, the DVD packaging has comments about the music:

Series 1: "Features all the original music from the TV broadcast" - uncut
Series 2: "Features original music from the TV broadcast" - has (licensing) cuts
Series 3: "Features original music from the TV broadcast"
Series 4: "Features original music from the TV broadcast"
Series 5: No comments about the music...
Series 6: "Features original music from the TV broadcast"

So, does not look good :cry:
The Prof.

"Long live the new flesh."
Nigel_Badnell
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Todd_Oberly » 03 Sep 2017 18:49

I also have this series (but in "complete" form, which might compromise the liner notes) and can probably bang an entry out within the next few days. Unfortunately I never binge watched the whole set (so can't comment on any inserted "muzak") and have no musical frame of reference besides the "Dad's Army" theme (intact) and a memory from a TV viewing in the late 90's of Gary and friends singing the chorus to "I am the Walrus" (a prime candidate for editing, methinks) after one of his concerts. Will see how it turns out. May also ask for feedback on Roobarb's or email Revelation Films in case they can easily add details.
Todd_Oberly

Postby Todd_Oberly » 11 Sep 2017 02:04

It's done. Just added to "Your Comparisons", but not much additional information on music changes. Currently series 1 and 3 are believed to be unaltered.
Todd_Oberly

Re: Goodnight Sweetheart (TV Series 1993–1999)DONE

Postby Samuel_Scott » 17 Sep 2017 23:57

Thanks to Todd for the specs. This has been done!
Samuel_Scott

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests