Yu-Gi-Oh! - Seasons 1-5 MOVE TO DISCUSSION

A place to request new comparisons. For more info, please read the announcement within the forum.

Moderator: Forum Team

Yu-Gi-Oh! - Seasons 1-5 MOVE TO DISCUSSION

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 15 Sep 2018 17:00

Hi can I put out a request for comparisons of each individual season of "Yu-Gi-Oh! English DUB" (seasons 1>5) - or just start off with season-1 if doing them all is a problem.

Currently no listings from any country for this/these series.

Also I hear from a lot of Amazon-reviews, the UK DVD boxsets of seasons 1>3 have some sort of audio problem where all the sounds (notably the voices) sound slightly high pitched than normal because the episodes are supposedly running approx 4% faster than they should normally (possibly some sort of NTSC to PAL conversion glitch). Series4+5 are supposedly unaffected.

Curious to know if any of this is true, and anymore information about these series.

*EDIT*

I just noticed on Amazon.co.uk the complete boxset of all 5 seasons together is due for release in October 29th this year, so perhaps might be better to delay the comparisons of these series until then, in case there are any differences / sound issue is fixed.
Ewan_McMahon

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Seasons 1-5

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 16 Sep 2018 14:57

I added some of the movies, but none for the series, and since I can't find reviews of any of the UK seasons, I won't be adding them - unless someone has a set here, or can link to a review.

As for the audio pitch, that is odd. If it were an NTSC to PAL transfer that means the voices would sound slower and lower pitched compared to a proper PAL transfer.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 18 Sep 2018 13:42

James-Masaki_Ryan wrote:I added some of the movies, but none for the series, and since I can't find reviews of any of the UK seasons, I won't be adding them - unless someone has a set here, or can link to a review.

As for the audio pitch, that is odd. If it were an NTSC to PAL transfer that means the voices would sound slower and lower pitched compared to a proper PAL transfer.

Oh well, thanks for checking anyway James.

I don't know if it is NTSC to PAL glitch of some kind or what - I just repeat what I read on various peoples Amazon reviews. Hoped there might be a full review around somewhere to clarify things but no problem if there isn't. To be honest with my new interest in BluRay I'll just add this series to my BluRay wish list! :wink:
Ewan_McMahon

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 19 Sep 2018 15:54

I'll try to add some season sets, but it will take some time to gather all info.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Samuel_Scott » 24 Apr 2019 14:29

I am going to add this title to long-standing requests thread as unfortunately the specs are hard to find :(
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Return to Comparison Requests