In Theatres

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

Re: In Theatres

Postby Noor_Razzak » 06 Jan 2023 02:29

Avatar: The Way of Water - everyone seems to underestimate James Cameron's ability to outdo himself, myself included. Honestly I wasn't sure a sequel 13 years later would have the same impact as the original especially since the first film, while a resounding success, didn't really leave a cultural impact. But here we are, and he has indeed outdone himself. The story is fairly predictable much like its predecessor, but let's be honest, we're not here for a complex story, we're here for the visual extravaganza a film of this magnitude promises. And it delivers on all the promises, I saw it in IMAX 3D and recommend this format, it's stunning. The film moves at a fairly fast clip so the over 3 hour runtime isn't really felt. The quiet parts are so packed with so much going on in the frame it's never boring. The film's final act is incredible and action packed and doesn't disappoint. 9/10.
Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys. (Office Space)
Noor_Razzak
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Noor_Razzak » 06 Jul 2023 01:34

Went to a couple of screenings this last week.

Flash - 6.5/10 it was ok, not as bad as people are saying, the CGI wasn't great but serviceable but it really shouldn't be for a tent pole summer film. Overall I thought it was fun in parts, Keaton's return and Supergirl were highlights. Sad this film bombed, it doesn't really deserve it.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, 9/10 the first film was incredible and they really carried on the spectacle, fun, action, and sense of adventure. Easily one of the best films of the summer and the best animated film of the year so far.
Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys. (Office Space)
Noor_Razzak
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Noor_Razzak » 24 Jul 2023 01:35

Oppenheimer - I saw this in IMAX 70mm 15 perf film, and what an experience that was. Nolan makes heavy dialogue seem like an action movie and had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Terrific performances all around, beautiful photography, easily one of Nolan's best and one of the best films I've seen this year so far. 10/10.
Noor_Razzak
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Noor_Razzak » 21 Oct 2023 00:02

Killers of the Flower Moon 7/10 - pretty solid Scorsese picture, I was impressed by the performances but at 3.5hrs the movie moves at a brutal pace with murder and gaslighting making up the majority of the narrative in a film populated by plenty of unlikable characters. It was an eye-opening film to a story I was not familiar with but I don't see my self ever needing to watch it again.
Noor_Razzak
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Previous

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion