Toy Soldiers (1991) - Austrian Blu-ray by NSM UPDATED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Toy Soldiers (1991) - Austrian Blu-ray by NSM UPDATED

Postby Bender_Mac » 09 Jan 2022 20:46

https://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/ ... id=30355#3

The info states the original german trailer is included. This isn't the case. It's a so called re-edit, but it's not correct in some scenes and also misses opening logo and the trailer credit card at the end. They did a sloppy job, since all scenes shown in the original german trailer are in the movie. I know this because I just finished my own re-edit of the german trailer. My version is 100% frame accurate.

Also this site recommends the Austrian BD for it's DTS-HD MA 7.1 mix. I cannot recommend these tracks. They are not good. The mixing is too aggressive and very front heavy. The included Dolby 2.0 mixes in english and german are far better. But ultimately the best track is on the UK Blu-ray, which is also original uncompressed mix. The US Blu-ray also has the mix in lossless. After comparing it myself to the UK Blu-ray audio, the track is unfortunately inferior.
However the best video comes from the US Blu-ray and it also contains the original US trailer.

In short: It's a tie between the UK Blu-ray for best audio and the US Blu-ray for best video transfer (a new transfer compared to the UK and AT BDs) and included trailer.
Bender_Mac

Re: Toy Soldiers (1991) - Austrian Blu-ray by NSM

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 10 Jan 2022 11:05

Updated as "Re-edited German Trailer".

As we are going by number of channels rather than comparing quality of each soundtrack available, the Austrian release is still the winner here.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests