Blackhat (2015) [Blu-ray ALL – United Kingdom] ADDED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Blackhat (2015) [Blu-ray ALL – United Kingdom] ADDED

Postby Stephen_Campbell » 24 Jun 2015 18:47

Title: Blackhat
Region: Blu-ray ALL
Distributor: Universal Pictures
Case Type: HD Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
Picture Format: 1080p 24fps AVC MPEG-4
Soundtracks: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, English Audio Description Dolby Digital 2.0, Spanish DTS Surround 5.1, French DTS Surround 5.1, German DTS Surround 5.1, Hindi DTS Surround 5.1, Italian DTS Surround 5.1
Subtitles (are they optional?): English SDH, Arabic, Spanish, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish (all optional)
Cuts: None (132:55)
Commentaries: None
Extras:
"The Cyber Threat" (13:02)
"On Location Around the World" (9:30)
"Creating Reality" (17:01)
Ultraviolet copy of the film
Notes: Comes in a cardboard slip case. Might be worth mentioning that the "Creating Reality" featurette isn't listed under Bonus Features on the box, but it is on the disk.
Easter Eggs: None
Source: I own it
"O my soul. Let me be in you now. Look out through my eyes. Look out at the things you made. All things shining"
(The Thin Red Line)

My DVD collection:
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Bertaut
Stephen_Campbell

Re: Blackhat (2015) [Blu-ray ALL – United Kingdom] ADDED

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 24 Jun 2015 23:48

Thank you. Added it. Wonder when the inevitable Michael Mann tinkered director's cut edition will come out?
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Stephen_Campbell » 25 Jun 2015 00:20

We can hope, because the film needs some work. I'm a Mann fanatic, and although I enjoyed Blackhat for the most part, the last 10 minutes, although aesthetically as good as anything in his oeuvre, was pure ridiculousness from a plot (and logic) point of view. Particular how Ritchie Coster's character was handled. The script needed serious work. It's no surprise to me at all that Mann isn't a writer on this one.

But, I doubt we'll see a Director's Cut to be honest. The film bombed hard. Really hard. The only two other films in his career to bomb this hard were The Keep and The Insider, and neither cost as much as Blackhat. The Keep has never even been released on DVD, let alone Blu-ray, and The Insider just has a bare bones DVD and Blu-ray. All his other films have commentaries and decent special features (which is ironic considering The Insider is his biggest critical success). I think he'll forget about Blackhat and just move on with Ferrari and then (hopefully) Agincourt.

Also, he doesn't do Director's Cut's of every film he makes (no Director's Cuts of Heat, The Insider, Collateral or Public Enemies). After all, he's not James Cameron or Ridley Scott. :-D Although having said that there are three versions of Manhunter, Last of the Mohicans and Ali, so...eh...I'll just be quiet now!
"O my soul. Let me be in you now. Look out through my eyes. Look out at the things you made. All things shining"
(The Thin Red Line)

My DVD collection:
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Bertaut
Stephen_Campbell

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 25 Jun 2015 01:31

"Heat" did have a very minor change done on the Blu-ray release. So it's technically a "director's cut"
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests