The Bloodsucker Leads the Dance UK DVD ADDED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

The Bloodsucker Leads the Dance UK DVD ADDED

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 28 Jun 2022 16:42

Title: The Bloodsucker Leads the Dance (1975)
Region: 0 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Releasing Studio: Redemption / Salvation Films
Case Type: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Anamorphic?: No
PAL or NTSC?: PAL
Soundtracks:

English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono

(It also has a 2nd selectable soundtrack option, but it is silent. My player reports it simply as "Dolby Digital" without any following numbers. It appears to have zero channels.)

Subtitles: None
Cuts: no known cuts (1:25:06 PAL equivalent to 1:28:39), however the trailer includes harder erotic content not present in the main movie (see Versions Notes below)
Commentaries: None
Extras:

Theatrical Trailer (3:14)
Stills Gallery (10 images)
Video, Poster and Advertising Gallery (5 images)
Bonus Trailer:
- Spring of Life (Pramen zivota) (2000) (2:23)

Notes: Audio quality is poor - it appears to have data compression artifacts.
Easter Eggs: none known
Amazon ASIN: B00PRAY01I
Source: I own it

---
Versions Notes:

1. The IMDb Technical Specifications page reports that there are 89min and 95min versions, but does not provide further details:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073655/te ... ttrel_ql_6

2. According to Wikipedia, some erotic content shot for the movie was rejected by the Italian censors (which seems strange given how strong some content was in other Italian movies released earlier than this one). This may explain why there is harder content in the trailer than in the movie. Wikipedia also states that there was a French release that retained all the erotic content and also had some hardcore inserts, so possibly this is the 95min version:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blood ... ce#Release

3. If the reported runtime for the R1 American release (87:11) is correct, it is effectively about 1:28 shorter than the R0 UK and R2 Scandinavain releases, so it may have additional cuts.

---
Other Notes:

1. The movie's main English title at the top of the page should be changed from "Bloodsucker Leads the Dance" to "Bloodsucker Leads the Dance (The)".

2. Apparently the movie has also been released on Blu-ray in the UK by Black House / Screenbound Pictures. However, it appears to be OOP.
Darrel_Griffin

Re: The Bloodsucker Leads the Dance UK DVD

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 29 Jun 2022 00:00

added, thank you.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: The Bloodsucker Leads the Dance UK DVD ADDED

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 29 Jun 2022 10:13

A couple of things:

1. The UK release is PAL, not NTSC - you have incorrectly put NTSC in the main entry (but have correctly put PAL in the CUTS section).

2. I don't actually know the runtime of the French version with the hardcore inserts - 95min was just a guess of mine based on IMDb and Wikipedia. But if you are confident that 95min is correct, you can leave it like that.

Everything else looks fine.
Darrel_Griffin

Re: The Bloodsucker Leads the Dance UK DVD ADDED

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 29 Jun 2022 12:05

Fixed
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests