Indio Black, sai che ti dico R2 DVD Italy CDE UPDATED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Indio Black, sai che ti dico R2 DVD Italy CDE UPDATED

Postby Rafael_Kuehn » 09 Sep 2016 16:18

Hi folks, I just wanted to point out two issues with your listing of the Italian DVD release of "Indio Black" aka "Adios, Sabata".

First, the extras are different then what you have. The keep case edition has no poster reproduction inlet. The extras on the DVD are as follows:

- text biographies and filmographies of director Gianfranco Parolini and actor Yul Brynner
- interview with Gianfranco Parolini (05:28, in Italian, no subtitles)
- Universal western spot (00:31)
- "Colt Collection" spot (00:35)

Secondly, the edit of this DVD release is problematic. As you already noted, the credits have been moved from their original position after the opening shootout. However, there are additional problems.

- The original scene order is: a talk between a monk and a kid - opening shootout - credits sequence - Indio Black arrives in town. Since the credits sequence is seamlessly integrated, including both the ending of the shootout scene and the opening shots of the town scene, the order of the DVD cut creates the following mess: The movie begins with a few shots from the end of the shootout, including two lines of dialogue. The credits follow, ending with shots of Indio arriving in town. Then we abruptly cut to the monk and kid scene, followed by the opening shootout, with its final dialogue missing the two lines which are now right at the start. Then we cut again to Indio arriving in town. However, at this point there are 00:22 seconds missing from the town footage.

Now I don't know how this botch job came about, but this is most certainly not how it was intended by director and editor. Also, there is missing footage. The Italian DVD runs 99:03 minutes, the UK release which I also own runs 104:58. However, I couldn't make out any more cuts apart from the town arrival segment. Maybe the UK DVD, which has horrible picture quality anyway, is a faulty NTSC conversion.

In any case, the Italian CDE release has both a highly questionable edit and missing footage, so please add a warning pointing that out. There is a new remastered edition with ample extras out here in Germany, I'll send you the specs for that one once I buy it. :)
Rafael_Kuehn

Re: Indio Black, sai che ti dico R2 DVD Italy CDE ADDENDUM

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 13 Sep 2016 12:28

Thanks. updated it. Let us know when you get specs for the German DVD!
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Indio Black, sai che ti dico R2 DVD Italy CDE ADDENDUM

Postby Rafael_Kuehn » 14 Sep 2016 22:45

James-Masaki_Ryan wrote:Thanks. updated it. Let us know when you get specs for the German DVD!

Sure thing. Then I can also give you a comparison for the exact run times of the rearranged scenes, which now is difficult to fathom as the UK DVD I have for the original cut has the NTSC times.
Rafael_Kuehn

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests