The Devil's Wedding Night Blu-ray UPDATED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

The Devil's Wedding Night Blu-ray UPDATED

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 28 Jun 2022 11:12

Currently listed is the 2021 Code Red Blu-ray, which is listed on Blu-ray.com here:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Devi ... ay/278285/

The Blu-ray I own is the 2015 Code Red one, which is listed on Blu-ray.com here:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Devi ... ay/130704/

Apart from the different cover art work, the 2015 release also has different disc content. I believe the movie is the same (the runtime is the same at least), and it includes the "Katarina's Nightmare Theater Bucketlist Mode", but does not include any other extras (i.e. it has no Theatrical Trailer and no bonus trailers). So the 2015 release should probably be given its own separate entry in the list, and its mention in the Notes section of the 2021 entry should be changed or removed.

Note: Having finally got round to watching the Blu-ray, I was originally going to send a message regarding the status of the gore shot, but it seems Eric has already corrected the Blu-ray and DVD pages regarding this. I don't know why in an earlier thread I thought that Dimension Pictures didn't exist at the time the movie was made - it seems it DID exist. Maybe I was confusing it with Dimension Films, a different company found in 1992.
Darrel_Griffin

Re: The Devil's Wedding Night Blu-ray

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 28 Jun 2022 12:14

Could you post the specs?
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 28 Jun 2022 12:30

Title: The Devil's Wedding Night (AKA Il plenilunio delle vergini) (1973)
Region: ALL
Releasing Studio: Code Red [2015 release]
Case Type: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Codec: AVC MPEG-4
Picture: 1080p24
Soundtracks: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 mono
Subtitles: None
Cuts: Yes, U.S. R-rated Version - Missing a gore shot snipped from US 35mm prints; however that cut section is featured in the post-script (84:12)
Commentaries: none
Extras:

Katarina's Nightmare Theater Bucketlist Mode (94:04):
- Introduction (8:10)
- The Film (84:12)
- Postscript (1:42)

(note: the total runtime of 94:04 is calculated by me by combining the runtimes of the different elements, but it is not displayed on the player - the player just shows the runtimes of each element i.e. it plays them one after the other, so you might prefer to omit the total runtime. My guess is that the same is true for the 2021 release)

Notes: From an American 35mm CRI element.

(note: I just copied this note from the existing 2021 entry, but presumably it is the same transfer)

Easter Eggs: none

---
Note: The existing entry needs to have the Notes section updated, and the release year [2021] added
Darrel_Griffin

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 28 Jun 2022 13:33

Updated
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests