Epicenter + 3 Movies Echo Bridge DVD ADDED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Epicenter + 3 Movies Echo Bridge DVD ADDED

Postby Paul_Rudoff » 28 Nov 2023 02:00

Originally released as "Epicenter + 7 Bonus Movies" in a two-disc two-case set, with both cases shrink-wrapped together. Each disc has four movies crammed onto it, though the artwork for the cases mentions ALL 7 movies. It was released this way in Walmart; I've seen several of these Echo Bridge multi-movie sets like this there. When the leftover stock made its way to Dollar Tree, the bundle was broken up into two individual one-disc one-case releases - but the artwork still mentions all 7 movies!

The copy I bought lists Epicenter as the feature, with "7 Bonus Movies". It only has one disc inside with these movies crammed onto it: Epicenter, The Day The Sky Exploded, The Chain Reaction, and Militia. So, I'm not sure how you want to list this one, but I wanted to give you the specs for the four films on this disc. IMDB links are provided for the films not currently in the database.

The Chain Reaction appears to have been sourced from VHS. The others fair much better, but would still look much better if given room to breathe. Also, The Day The Sky Exploded is dubbed in English.

The four films on the second disc (the one I DON'T have) are: Slipstream, To Survive, Escape From Alaska, Fire From Below.

* Region: 1
* Releasing Studio: Echo Bridge Home Entertainment
* Case Type: Keep Case
* Amazon ASIN: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073GVQLG6/
* Source: Disc I own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* Title: Militia - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0217654/reference/
* Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
* Anamorphic?: Yes
* PAL or NTSC?: NTSC
* Soundtracks (LANGUAGE, 2.0 MONO/STEREO/SURROUND): English Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
* Subtitles (optional?): None
* Cuts/Runtime: 88:51
* Commentaries: None
* Extras: None

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* Title: The Chain Reaction - http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/f ... ?fid=16346
* Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
* Anamorphic?: No
* Soundtracks (LANGUAGE, 2.0 MONO/STEREO/SURROUND): English Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
* Cuts/Runtime: 91:37

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* Title: Epicenter - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0233656/reference/
* Cuts/Runtime: 102:20

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* Title: The Day The Sky Exploded - http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/f ... ?fid=47843
* Cuts/Runtime: 79:53

That is all for this one.
Paul_Rudoff

Re: Epicenter + 3 Movies Echo Bridge DVD

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 01 Dec 2023 08:46

The Chain Reaction and The Day the Earth Exploded both have remixed stereo tracks only? No original mono audio?
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Epicenter + 3 Movies Echo Bridge DVD FAO Paul

Postby Paul_Rudoff » 08 Dec 2023 04:51

How would I know what the mix is? I didn't mix this. I don't work for Echo Bridge. All I can tell you is that my player reports the audio as Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo. This is a budget DVD from a company that isn't known for caring about quality. Remember, they crammed FOUR movies onto ONE disc! There's one Stereo audio track for each movie and that's it.
Paul_Rudoff

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 08 Dec 2023 06:09

I mean, are they not the original mono tracks? There is stereo separation for example in music cues during playback? Players cannot tell if audio is stereo or mono, it can be only discerned by listening. Could you listen and confirm if it's mono or stereo, for example in opening segments of the films where music is played?
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Paul_Rudoff » 23 Dec 2023 22:02

The audio comes out of stereo TV speakers from the other side of the room. I gave you all of the information I have for this release. Just add it as Stereo 2.0 and move on. It's a budget release. Hopefully a better version is out there.
Paul_Rudoff

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 24 Dec 2023 02:03

I know they would come out of both speakers as it is 2.0 audio. I'm asking if it was remixed in stereo or if it's the original mono. Are there separate stereo effects (such as music) in which the left and right differ in sound, or do both left and right channels have identical sound? It just seems odd that a budget distributor like Echo Bridge would create a new stereo mix for the films and do nothing else.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 08 Jan 2024 12:11

Since you said that Echo Bridge is not caring about quality presentations, it seems hard to believe they would go out of the way to create new stereo audio tracks and not just port the original mono audio for those two films.

If you do confirm there is stereo separation and are remixed tracks, we'll update the listing but I'll add them as "mono.

Added, thank you.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests